Crysis 2 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
One of four original team members kicking off the title at pre-production and on to production and finalization. Built and mentored a team of 18 level designers responsible for mission planning, building and maintaining missions during the development of Crysis 2 as Crytek’s first title to be shipped on consoles as well as PC.
- Mentoring and encouraging a large team of level designers from conception to production of a AAA title.
- Worked closely with lead designer, story writer and gameplay producer to ensure single player campaign shipped to quality including narrative design, game mechanics, objectives and pacing.
- Responsible for translating the open sandbox of Crysis 1 to urban, console friendly environments with the same feeling of freedom.
- Contributing to game design and primary owner of quality within the level design department.
- Responsible for managing and actively profiling technical performance on three platforms as well as documenting, educating and mentoring designers and others to achieve performance milestones.
- Working with story writers, creative director and game designers on planning and implementing game missions and improving them based on feedback, focus tests and internal reviews.
- Primary client to the art department, working closely with them to develop the lighting model, structuring architecture and polishing environments to achieve the desired mood and look of the game.
- Technical liaison to internal RnD and Code departments, ensuring technical guidelines are met and troubleshooting tech issues and transitioning CryEngine to a multi-platform development.
- Responsible for personal appraisals, interviews and other management tasks within the department.