Valve Software 1999 – 2003
Working with the creators of Counter-Strike, I designed a built several official maps and various competitive maps for Half-Life: Counter-Strike. Active from Counter-Strike Beta 6 until retail release of version 1.6, I created 5 official maps for the game.
- Independently designed, created and maintained a number of poplar official levels for the worlds most popular online FPS title (de_aztec, de_inferno, cs_thunder, de_vertigo)
- Established rules and preferences for developing successful Counter-Strike missions
- Participated in online testing and feedback for missions tested publicly.
- Responsible for all art, design, balance and sound elements of levels.
- Created several of the most played missions released with the title
- Produced a number of official maps for one of the first large prize competitive tournaments – CPL (Cyber-Athlete Professional League) $250,000 tournament. These included: de_clan1_mill and de_clan2_fire.
- Active in the community, participating in interviews, sponsored events and community gatherings.
In total I worked on 10 official maps that were included in various Counter-Strike updates. You can find the full list here: http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Christopher_Auty
Official Counter-Strike Maps:
Airstrip, Aztec, Frantic, Inferno, Otaku, Quarry, Stadium, Thunder, Trailerpark, Vertigo
CPL Tournament Maps: